- DESIGN BOX
A combination of events and technology showcase featuring solutions and trends, Pharmapack Europe (a show/conference organized by UBM Canon) dedicates an entire day to tertiary packaging and pharmaceutical cold chain topics for the first time. The event is dedicated to specialized operators. Attach the complete conferences program and technical proposals by exhibitors.
The eleventh Pharmapack Europe (February 15th-16th, Grande Halle de la Villette, Paris) brings together more than 260 concerns active in the design, manufacture and supply of products and services for pharmaceutical packaging.
The event is framed by a rich program of conferences which share the common theme of innovation wherever possible: from primary and secondary packaging of drugs and personal care products to the supply chain itself. The latter is addressed, in collaboration with Knauf Industries, at the first technical symposium dedicated to tertiary packaging and the cold chain, with the purpose of calling attention to experiences and concrete advantages, new technologies, choice of materials, and of providing effective responses to problems arising from their environmental impact.
The event is moderated by Jean-Claude Vogler (MD, PharmD, CEO &QP, Inresa Pharma), who will start off with updates on regulations and by addressing the logistical complexities of the pharmaceutical industry’s cold chain.
The morning talks have a focus on practical concerns.
• Regulatory developments at the EU and Member States level: potential impact on medicial products' packaging and labeling (Fabien Roy, Associate, Hogan Lovells International LLP).
• Implementation and validation of medications transport in isothermal packaging (Vincent Boudy, PharmD, PhD, associate professor, Descartes University in Paris, AGEPS-APHP).
• Health products: what are they? (Jean Lanet, president, Certipharm).
• Complexities of Shipping Clinical Supplies to Emerging Markets - A Case Study Perspective.
The afternoon will follow up with technological updates.
• Cold chain monitoring: partnership to achieve full visibility on product integrity (Olivier Henin, CEO, IP01).
• New thermal accumulators for transport of products at controlled temperature between +2°C and +8°C (Laurent Royon, associate professor, University Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Laboratory Matter System Complex).
• End of life of expanded polystyrene tertiary pharmaceutical packaging (Clément Spiteri, Projects Manager, ECO PSE).
• EPS: the smart material for health products tertiary packaging (Moussa Belkacem, Materials Engineering, R&D Center, Knaud Industries Healthcare).
AWARDING INNOVATION - During Pharmapack Europe, the winners of the Pharmapack Awards 2012 will be announced, selected for pharmaceutical innovations (drugs, medical devices, personal care products and veterinary medications) launched on the market between December 2010 and December 2011.